July 25, 2011

A Little Motivation Goes a Long Way

Not unlike my fits-and-starts approach to blogging, our house has been languishing in a mini-purgatory of half completed projects.  I start on something with every expectation of bringing it to swift completion, only to find myself putting it aside "temporarily" as life intervenes.  Most glaringly, there are a number of partially completed painting projects around the house that I was counting on our now AWOL painter to finish up. 

Luckily, I have found some motivation in the form of our inclusion on a historic house tour in September.  The Enos Kellogg House will be one of four featured properties on the Norwalk Preservation Trust's "Norwalk's Living History Tour: Historic Homes from 1675 to 1830".  It should be lots of fun, but for the time being, it is the kick in the butt that I needed to finally wrap up some of the loose ends.  Living room, entry hall and dressing room all need lots of prep and paint.  I'm feeling pretty good about progress in the living room, but we'll see how long that is sustained.

For anyone who wants to see if I can achieve some sort of paint closure, please check out the house tour information on the NPT's website:  http://norwalkpreservation.org/pages/events/tours.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment: